Completed recomended faceplate changes

Texasdeath

Registered
Registered
So thanks to some advice from knowledgable folks here, I made some changes.

As recomended I took off the ovesized faceplate and purchased a 6" From Amazon. I assembled my 6" Chuck and checked runout using a dial indicator. It orbits roughly .0015"

Additionally I purchsed a 4" faceplate for my 4" chuck, but have to cut the shoulder when ever i get the lathe rotating lol.

I took it upon myself to modify a t-nut to fit the original tool post, BTW the original tool posts were f*@ked up. Sooooo

I modified a toolpost i had made for another project. Have a look at my toolpost and give feedback.

I will never show the homemade lathe I made, its on instragram and an embarrasment lol...

Attachments

• 4 Inch Chuck.png
    4 Inch Chuck.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 6 Inch Chuck.png
    6 Inch Chuck.png
    76 KB · Views: 33
  • Homemade Tool Post.png
    Homemade Tool Post.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 35
  • T Nut Mod.png
    T Nut Mod.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Tool post refinements.png
    Tool post refinements.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 33
Don’t ever be embarrassed by something you made. Think of how many others never even thought to try, or started and didn’t finish.

Every project builds experience which you bring to the next project, this is how we get better and your photos show that:)

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”​

― Calvin Coolidge

Back