compound ideas?

GK1918

Active User
Registered
Im one since a boy always assembled something then read directions after. A very long day
yesterday. All started last wk. when I just trimed up some dead centers with my tool post
grinder. As much as i cover it rags paper etc. Im getting grit sounds moving my compound.
This is a 9A 41/2 very good cond. Can not get the pins out. Brake cleaner blaster even had to
buy a small pin magnet and tapped with small brass hammer all day. I figure the pins are a
little mushroomed , since 1942. I sure this has never been removed. I finnally got the pins to
move and finnally got the compound off, brand new in there no rust. I did wisk these pins on
grinder so they slide in nicely. So with all the intellegence in here, is there any better way?
I put a little never sezz in there, too bad they didnt put an O ring there. Now I shall remove
time to time for maintanence. I suggest not to tighten lock bolts too tight so these pins dont
get their ends mushed up. Miseribal things to get out. Also there is no mention of this in any
book. good idea to check yours.

You have already read my mind. chengdave , dont tell anyone but ill take it off again today, going to
do a little body work on it (some kid in the 40s not paying attention to the teacher)

Back