Consew CSM 3000

Bnb187

Registered
Registered
Did a search for this and thread was quite old so thought I’d see what the current thoughts are on this.

I’d like to add a Consew CSM3000 to my small belt grinder. Not sure that I need the pot for speed control can likely get away with the lever that comes with the motor.

What I’d really like is a reverse switch instead of the multiple menu buttons to push to change direction. What I’ve seen mentioned here seems to involve an Ardunio. Did see one post suggesting this could be accomplished with a 4PDT switch but this seems like it might have been for the previous generation CS series.

Any help is appreciated. Bonus points for appropriate wiring of the switch if it is possible.

Thanks!

What type of motor?
Consew CSM3000 is a DC electronic servo motor usually used in sewing machines but apparently also used to convert lathes and belt grinders to variable speed. Can be reversed via controller that comes with it but it’s many button pushes to do it.

Probably a three phase motor then. Swapping two of the three phases by means of a switch would reverse it, but not under power or the
controller could be damaged. You'd need to shut off the controller each time.

These motors are great for tools. But why would you want to reverse direction for a belt grinder???

Probably a three phase motor then. Swapping two of the three phases by means of a switch would reverse it, but not under power or the
controller could be damaged. You'd need to shut off the controller each time.
There is some mention of having to swap two of the sensor wires as well. I’d rather not destroy motor/controller to do this but would be very helpful to be able to reverse direction more quickly.
These motors are great for tools. But why would you want to reverse direction for a belt grinder??
Primary use will be for sharpening.. can be useful with an angle guide to switch direction for stroping and maintain same angle.

I see a direction arrow on my belts, I'm not sure how the belt would react to reversing.

I see a direction arrow on my belts, I'm not sure how the belt would react to reversing.
For stropping with leather belt, go from edge leading to edge trailing with same angle guide.

Back