convert right angle drive from NT40 to R8

franklin

Registered
Registered
I have just bought a right angle drive unit which is NT40 (i think, haven't pulled it apart to measure it yet) input and R8 output. Is it possible to machine the NT40 to become a R8?
Or close enough to an R8 that I can use it.

I noticed that the drawbar thread is also different so I will also need to make another drawbar.

My mill is an old Adcock and Shipley Bridgeport 1967.

I have googled but that has just increased my confusion.

thanks,
Frank

Try these people, nice folks, easy to deal with--http://www.smalltools.com/

Frank, If you call my buddy Bert over in Sheperton he will straighten you out. Nice folks those Aussies, it's all in the steaks, oysters and beer according to Bertie. When we visit each other we both are amazed how much the areas we each live in resemble each other. Brown hills, orchards, vineyards, cows, lots of sunny days. Only thing is Bertie drives on the wrong side. Always asks me if I am driving as I try to get in the right (correct) side of the car! One other thing, our rivers are blue not brown and your cod look like our bass. But then we don't use roo bars or shoot kangas. Hell, we don't even have thunder boxes. We must be some sort of heathens! No wonder the Queen chased us out. But the Shielas resemble each other.

Back