Correct stone for scratches on 932 saddle?

If you can't feel it with a finger nail leave it alone. It's purely cosmetic.

@RJSakowski : :)
There are two points of emotional trauma.
The first is at the first ding, more or less as you describe, although I would distinguish between a bit of a scratch, and a more catastrophic "ding".
The other is the time when you drill your first hole, or make your first cut (into the machine body), for whatever mod you are doing. It happened to me when I started with the hacksaw cutting away the business end of my compound's ACME nut! :(

Like when my CNC z axis driver failed and dropped the 1/8"carbide end mill and proceeded to carve a path in the face of my brand new 5C chuck?

Or how about when my brand new G0602 lathe was sti;ll on the pallet, awaiting a stand, and I mounted the three jaw chuck, not tightening it or installing the safety dogs, and started the lathe in reverse. It is the only time in fifty years that I have spun a chuck off. It dropped down and the jaws put some nice dings in the prism way that the tailstock rides on. Fortunately, the tailstock never travels that close to the headstock but I stoned the burrs out anyway. Ithe defect is always in my face reminding me to make sure the chuck is tight and the safety dogs are installed.

Back