Cost of this crane over 2 days

They only got half done of what was to be done today. So the price will be higher I am sure. The first day over a week ago half the roof was placed, and today another 1/4. Should be finished early tomorrow if all goes well. We could hear lots of BFH swinging to tweak some of the steel to fit the panels to.
Pierre

I like the crane they have @ SpaceX for assembling the rockets.

Probably cheaper then this crane.
Wonder why they are using a heavy lift helicopter there, looks like something a regular crane could do? I've seen a few of those heavy lift Skycranes in Atlanta. I remember one was flown in from Washington state inside a Guppy to put top spire on a skyscraper, where there was no chance of a crane reaching. I'm sure that was a pricey proposition.

Wonder why they are using a heavy lift helicopter there, looks like something a regular crane could do? I've seen a few of those heavy lift Skycranes in Atlanta. I remember one was flown in from Washington state inside a Guppy to put top spire on a skyscraper, where there was no chance of a crane reaching. I'm sure that was a pricey proposition.
used to see them all the time in Pa, when the army still had them. Even knew a few pilots,. That was another lifetime. Was sad to see the Army get rid of them. One of the few Army helicopters I did not get a ride in.

Not sure why there, unless they need to lift it to the center of the mall, where a crane cannot reach.

At the Harley Davidson plant In Pa, I watched them for two days replacing all the AC units across the factory. Had to be 30 or more. They would lift the old one off, and drop the new one in place, grab another old one, and so on. I could watch them all day.

out here, they use helicopters to stretch new high voltage cables
i watched a helicopter string up job that went for months , from where i was working at the time

$1200 for 4 hrs . They replaced a few coils in our air handlers this morning . Sounds cheap but they are here quite often .

The last few lifts with the jib installed to reach the far side of the roof.
Pierre

25F61DF0-D67E-4A88-9146-C6B6870CDC98.jpegF3E6D164-BF96-4E3A-85E9-025FDD12715B.jpeg

Back