Craftsman oil wt.

Not so helpfull for you as it's a uk based company but others may find it handy.

ive purchased some way oil and deturgent free sae somthing, their called vintagebearingco on ebay.

they are very competative and post is very cheep.

One thing that might be helpfull is they seem to be mostly marine suppliers, might be worth checking boat chandelery types for deturgent free oil etc.

Stuart

Not so helpfull for you as it's a uk based company but others may find it handy.

ive purchased some way oil and deturgent free sae somthing, their called vintagebearingco on ebay.

they are very competative and post is very cheep.

One thing that might be helpfull is they seem to be mostly marine suppliers, might be worth checking boat chandelery types for deturgent free oil etc.

Stuart

Huh?? I think CaveBob was referring to www.use-enco.com which is based in Fernley, Nevada, USA.

But yes, non-detergent oils can often be found in chandlerys and other vendors who cater to marine or agricultural and other non-automobile industries.

Motivated by this discussion, I just bought a 2 gallon bottle of non-detergent 20 weight oil from Tractor Supply (thanks Spiral_Chips). I figure it is more than a lifetime supply for me. My sons will probably dispose of the half-empty bottle when they inherit my house some day.

Strange thing is that neither NAPA or Tractor Supply stores around Houston carry SAE 20W. The people at the NAPA store couldn't even find it in their catalog.

Robert D.

No SAE 20 at NAPA in Houston? That is odd. But I bet they stock sweet crude by the barrel! :rofl:

Back