CreateTool MIA?

kopeck

Registered
Registered
So I have been going back and forth between a Phase II Wedge AXA set or a CreateTool A set for my SB 9A. I finally decided to pull the trigger on the CreateTool unit after reading some great reviews but I can't seem to raise them.

I sent an email about a week ago with a few question and got nothing back. I filled out their order form, same deal. I sent another email today and it bounced.

I see they have an eBay store but I'm pretty hesitant to send any money since there seems to be something going on.

Anyone else have any issues recently?

K

Never heard of that brand and the eBay listing shows them in China. It might be prudent to purchase your AXA set from
someone here in the states such as Phase II or Shars.

They are 100% China but seem to have a pretty good rep.

I may go AXA thought I am sold on the multifix style holder.

K

I got a message from them today. I forgot they were celebrating their founding holiday so no one was working (probably by state order).

Anyway, Nina sent me the info I need, I did have a question but I think I'm going to go for it.

Thanks,

K

Well if nothing else that createtool sure is neat looking I will give it that!

Question for the OP.....Is there a specific reason you would prefer to sorta paint yourself into a corner by going with a tool post that only works with Specialized holders vs going with a style that is overly abundant on the market which makes them very easy to get hold of at a reasonable cost? I mean other then the impressive looks does the creaetool kit offer something over the wedge style qctp that im missing?

Good question.

For what it's worth it's not an original design, it's a Multifix (Swiss made) copy. They're not the only ones making them so I'm not exactly painting my self into a corner.

For the why...The big one is being able to change the angle of the tool with out having to loosen anything up, just change the position of the tool holder and keep trucking. They're also suppose to be super ridged.

Do a little google search, there's a handful of reviews out there. They have a following, the guys that use them love them.

K

I’ve always liked the way those MultiFix posts worked — very slick! Didn’t know smaller versions were around though, thanks for mentioning it. The AA looks almost tempting....

-frank

I really wanted a Multi-Fix style tool post. The lathe I previously purchased came with one. I ended up changing my mind & bought a different lathe. I didn't mind the price of the tool post so much but it was the expensive & not so readily available tool holders that changed my mind about getting one. I ended up buying a Dorian SQCTP.

My last lathe had a OXA post and it was pretty good. It went with the lathe when I sold it, nothing would have transferred onto the South Bend anyway. Since I'm starting from scratch I figured what the heck lets try something different.

I'll be honest, an AXA style post would have been more than good enough for what I do. The MultiFix style is just a little bit more so why not try something different. I'll probably end up ordering a few more tool holders but I want to see everything in action before I commit even more money.

K

Right now their website is down too.
Robert

Back