cryptic text in text of threads

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
[h=2]I need a text Guru !

when i read a post on this forum i get a lot of cryptic text ( see post I copied and pasted below and I colored the funny stuff in red ....the were black in the post about rebuilding a kurt vise)

If I place the text as a Quote in a reply the cryptic text is not there ? I first thought that it might be machine text for smileys but I dont believe that is the case. These show up in many of the messages I read in all threads ?
This is new since the new system went on line.
My settings call for the enhanced text feature but I have tried all the settings and it still shows up.
It's just an annoyance but any help would be great
thanks

##################################################################################

[/h]
Hi,

No, it's pretty simple. He mostly just cleaned it up. And this is a good idea to do more or less annually no matter what brand. All the components can only go together one way. Although his easy use of files makes me twitch a bit. Just keep all mating surfaces clean, and it will all go back together just fine.

I also wouldn't be applying grease to those locations he does or even being quick to lube anything at all. Those places are exactly where chips will accumulate and cause problems. Lubrication will just draw more and at a faster pace than dry. Sometimes despite our desire to lube for wear and function, it can actually make things worse. From my observations, this is one of those times.

And just for best accuracy during use, I'd ditch the swivel base too. I only use it when I need it. And that's not too often.

About the only thing that need replacement/repair are the bearings. And they can be had cheaper than from Kurt.

So take your's apart. It probably could use a cleaning.

#####################################################################################################​

Try reading the text, replacing the red ' by the ellipsis mark " ' "; does it make sense?

José

Back