Curious about seeking resolution through PayPal.

I just know that shipping has been awful this past year. With ebay and PayPal being pretty well known to side with buyers and the seller already offering a refund this just seems strange.

I just went through the reverse, I ordered some inserts and the tracking just kept showing that the seller had not brought the item to the USPS for shipping. A week after it should have arrived I contacted the seller, who said they had shipped it, but had been having many of their items delayed. About a week after that they showed up, with tracking still showing that it had not been given to the post office. I went to leave feedback and found ebay on their own had refunded my purchase, so I had to contact the seller again so I could pay them.

I think the biggest issue will simply be communicating with a human to explain to strange situation. Ebay is impossible to communicate with intelligently it is all automated. Not sure if PayPal is any better.
I agree with you, tracking shipments seem harder and harder to follow and accept what they show as facts in real time, I myself have returned refunds at least 4 times in the last 2 years, it looks like the best course of action is to wait longer than the estimated delivery date by 2 weeks.
I'd like to think I chose the most reputable sellers to deal with so they would be least likely to lie or cheat to make a sale, this seller was and to be honest still seems to be a stand up guy so it is such struggle for me to do something to hurt his reputation.

I ship restored fountain pens all over the world, and have stopped guessing when they'll arrive, twice recently two that I shipped in early December arrived in EU countries. But they've all arrived. So yes, I'd give it a lot more time to deliver. It's really frustrating to the reputable shipper and the customer.
Tim

Get in touch with Paypal they have always resolved it in my favour on any disputes.

I ship restored fountain pens all over the world, and have stopped guessing when they'll arrive, twice recently two that I shipped in early December arrived in EU countries. But they've all arrived. So yes, I'd give it a lot more time to deliver. It's really frustrating to the reputable shipper and the customer.
Tim
It must be even more frustrating when (as a buyer) you know the seller you're dealing with is most likely a good honest man .
I filed for a refund because as you might know, eBay gives buyers 30 days to file a claim, I only had a couple of days left.

The seller came through for me and refunded me soon after , I will return his refund when I eventually receive the order.

Back