Cutting pliers

You may have been recalling one of @darkzero 's many posts about his love affair with Knipex. ;)

I bought Knipex tools from a German guy back in the early '70s who came around shops with a vanload of tools and knives that he personally imported from "The Fatherland", quite a character to say the least, selling excellent tools and knives, that we still use on a daily basis.
RIP; Rudolph H. Kuhn.

I’m a huge fan of German tools and equipment. They never seem to under-engineer the things they produce.

I'm subscribed to Project Farm & I like his videos. He may have crude methods of testing & sometimes questionable but they get the job done. He does a good job with his tests & making his videos. He's not sponsored by the manufacturers & buys the stuff with his own money.

In this particular video, some of the stuff he's cutting no one would ever cut using these types of cutters, not even with mini bolt cutters which BTW I love my Knipex mini bolt cutters. :big grin: But I get it, he's testing to show us what it takes to bring them to failure.

You may have been recalling one of @darkzero 's many posts about his love affair with Knipex. ;)

Haha, damn, that's second time this week someone has pointed that out! I need to hide my evidence of such things! :D

Will, now you know your notorious....
Is the K silent, in the video it was driving me nuts? :)

Will, now you know your notorious....
Is the K silent, in the video it was driving me nuts? :)
Haha, I so don't want to be though. Need to hide out for a while! :big grin:

I heard that in the German language pretty much every letter is pronounced. So the K is not silent. Knipex is properly pronounced that way, "ku-ni-pex". Although I know this, I still pronounce it "ni-pex".

Funny, this reminds me of a Keith Fenner video. In it he goes and grabs his Knipex Pliers Wrench. He says something like, "hold on, let me go get my...... uh, adjustable wrench (or something like that)", after he gets it he then says "you wanna get into an argument about how it's pronounced?".

I thought that was funny cause Keith Fenner isn't known to be funny or crack jokes in his videos but he does sometimes & I find it really funny.

Thank you, I'll be more thoughtful in my mind when I hear it like that :encourage:
Now I went to look at the pliers wrench, damn:cautious:

Back