D1-3 6” face plate wanted

chasz

Registered
Registered
I’m looking for a 6” D1-3 face plate or dog plate for my little South Bend 8k lathe. I’ve got an 11” face plate and a Jacobs collet chuck to trade. Both D1-3 mounts.
Charles

A "drive" plate can be fabricated easily enough. I have an Atlas with a screw on attachment and have no idea on how a D1-3 mount works. So you would be on your own there. But I do have a number (a few) specialty mounts that simply have a stub in the back to fit in a chuck. Most of my chucks have a through hole big enough to take a center.

It might be an interesting exercise to bore the mounting stub to take a MT-2 (et al) center. Leaving the center mounted would make reattachment registration a simple manner to key to #1 jaw.

A "drive" plate can be fabricated easily enough. I have an Atlas with a screw on attachment and have no idea on how a D1-3 mount works. So you would be on your own there. But I do have a number (a few) specialty mounts that simply have a stub in the back to fit in a chuck. Most of my chucks have a through hole big enough to take a center.

It might be an interesting exercise to bore the mounting stub to take a MT-2 (et al) center. Leaving the center mounted would make reattachment registration a simple manner to key to #1 jaw.

Thanks. These are some good ideas.

Back