D1-4 Dog Plate

'Swapping' is pretty much my plan. I'm using my Bison on the new lathe, and I'm now planning on keeping the 'H' on the RT, and putting the new chuck on the lathe I'll be selling. I'm quite sure the new chuck would be sufficient for the RT, but if I keep the 'H', I've got a bit higher quality chuck if I need it in a pinch.

The back plate you made looks very similar to the one I made. Never thought about bolting it directly to the table - I'll need to mentally file that one away for future reference. And thanks for the ToT link. Haven't seen that one yet, and I need a good laugh.

Regards,
Terry

Ah I see Terry, didn't know you were selling one of the lathes. Yep definitely keep the better H chuck!

Using the chuck directly on the table to hold things on the mill comes in very handy for me. I even made a similar backplate for my mag chuck & also to use on the rotary table. I've never actually used the mag chuck on the mill table or RT though, was just a thought, not sure if it would even be useful. I made it at the same time I was making the backplate for the lathe.

Yep I love ToT's videos, great entertainment!

20190213_181540.jpg

Reactions: tjb
Back