Delta/Rockwell base; latch pin photos and dimensions

Siggi

Registered
Registered
Hey y'all,

I'm just about through (I hope) restoring my Delta/Rockwell 28-300 Wood & Metal Cutting Bandsaw. Only a little few things to do now - including painting the wheel covers and replacing the blade guard, which is made from dead tree carcass (yuck!). One thing that irks me is that the knob and the pin for the door latch on the base are MIA. They had been replaced with a drilled hole and a self-tapper :(. This latch is spring-loaded, and the spring is still there in mine. I'd love to get good pictures and dimensions of the pin that engages into the spring. The best pictures I've found on the great InterWebs are in this post on practical machinist, notably this picture, and perhaps this side view.
Unfortunately I'm not able to derive the shape and dimensions of the pin from those pictures, so if someone here has a 14" bandsaw with that base, I'd love some better pics and some dimensions - pretty please?

Thanks,
Siggi

Re-hey y'all,

the only info I've found on the pin/stud is from this Vintage Machinery manual, where it's listed as:

259 436-01-111-0002 Stud

but none of the replacement parts sites I've looked at have a pic :/

Re-thanks,
Siggi

Re-re hey y'all,

sorry for the multiple posts - I guess a spinner doesn't mean the site's out to lunch. How can I trim the excess???

Siggi

taken care of - happens to all of us at least once!

Re-re hey y'all,

sorry for the multiple posts - I guess a spinner doesn't mean the site's out to lunch. How can I trim the excess???

Siggi
Happens to me all the time shaky finger syndrome I guess. Lol

Back