Did This Sunday Afternoon

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
I s'pose I should post this on "What I Did In My Shop Today" but it doesn't seem to be good enough to warrant a post there so...here it is.

I had some time Sunday afternoon and a block of aluminum crying for my attention. Decided to mill it to fit the ways and make a carriage stop for the lathe. I tapped it for a 7/16" 24 socket head screw for general work. I have a micrometer barrel I will mount on it also. I need to mill the end and drill it to accept the barrel then I can use it for more precise work too.

SANY0060.JPG SANY0062.JPG

I also began turning a dovetail cutter for the mill. Cut it from some hex stock I have at hand, turned to fit an R8 spindle and I have some TPG/TPU inserts, (that's what just about all my tools use, convenient that way). I have it ready for the mill set-up now and the fitting of the insert sometime this week.

SANY0061.JPG

I still have the 5c collet spin indexer to finish though I've been waiting on my granite surface plate (came today, not bad for Chinese) I'll be trying to scrape one of my angle plates flat before using in to mount the indexer. Don't have to, just want to.

Anyway, I've added to my backlog of projects again.

SANY0062.JPG SANY0060.JPG SANY0061.JPG

Back