Do I need a face plate if I have a milling attachment

You are really going to need a mill to enjoy your project time. Got room for that?

Unfortunately I am really tight for space as I am setting up my workshop on a boat My ex toilet is small with one 30 inch by 15 inch bench which will house the mini lathe and a 30 by 8 shelf with some overhead restrictions and a tapering end WHich I can fit a Proxxon 115 bench drill sideways on. There is just no room for a Milling machine.

OK I have had a bunch of crazy ideas about making a face plate if I need one maybe starting with a brake rotor from a scrap yard but the bottom line is a new ready to work faceplate from LMS is only 37$ and I will already have some clamps.

The boat will not sink with the extra weight and there are no pockets in a shroud.

One thing I have found is the more tools you have, the faster and easier you can complete work. This is because it gives you multiple options for setting up and doing the work, which means you can choose the one that is most efficient. If you only have a very limmited set of tools, that means you have limmited options, which means you will have to do things the hard way more often than you would with more tools.

Back