Does anybody know if this little wrench goes to a Craftsman 109 ?

jpackard56

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
It is not quite 2.75 inches long and has a 1/4 inch opening. We sold the Craftsman 109 and found this later. If it does go to a 109, I figured I would pass it on to the new owner. Otherwise I think it will just sit on my desk as a small paperweight until someday I figure out what it is for ;)
Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• SANY0033.jpg
    SANY0033.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 55
Never owned a 109 so these are just guesses. Wrench for the top of the lantern tool post? Maybe to lock the tail stock ram?
Pierre

That looks like a shop-made wrench in the photo. Lantern tool posts, pintle lock screws, tool holders, and pulley alignment screws were all square heads on Craftsman/Atlas lathes.

The lantern tool post on my Craftsman 6 x 18 had a screw with a 1/4" square head. It was also used for the screws locking the tool bits in the holders. My wrench has an open end for the tailstock on the other end.

Wow, fellas thanks for the quick responses. We never found all of the lantern post but I keep finding other stuff that has been buried in coffee cans etc. out in Dads shop that seems to relate to the Craftsman 109. This little wrench which does appear to be hand made was in the bottom of a can of change gears, nuts and bolts etc.

This wrench is normally provided with small acetylene tanks to operate the valve.

Attachments

• IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 16
What around here we call "B" tanks, I knew I had seen these in the past, I just couldn't place where ! Thanks a bundle, now I can quit feeling guilty for not sending it on to the guy that bought the 109.

The ones supplied by Atlas (and probably made by Williams or another vendor whose name I can't at the moment recall) had a round end where the square hole is.

Back