Resolved Does The H-M Software Flag Ad Blockers?

Nogoingback

Registered
Registered
I just logged in a few minutes ago, and when I did, a page came up which indicated that my ad blocker could interfere with
H-M. It also hade a button which purported to disable my ad blocker. The only thing is, I have no ad blocker on this computer.
I did not press the button: I just reloaded the page and the normal H-M home page came up.

Is this legit, or have we been hacked?

Edit: I just saw the stickey about ad blockers, but since I don't have an ad blocker I don't know why I was flagged.
I'm also a supporting member.

Yes, H-M does use an ad block detecter.

Upvote 0
Yes, I see that now. But since I don't have one, why would I get flagged? It's never happened before, I haven't changed my software.

Upvote 0
No idea. Some browsers have ad blockers built in, some have to have ad blocker add-ons installed. Regardless, donating members when logged in should not see the ad blocker detection pop up. I don't.

If the issue persists, try logging out then log back in. If that does not work, try deletig the cookies for H-M & try again.

Upvote 0
This site does not allow my ad blocker even though I have paid my dues. Wonder why.

Upvote 0
@Nogoingback - has your operating system updated recently? If so, it is possible adblockers were enabled during your update. Check your system settings. I've reviewed your permissions and you should have access at your donation level - Gold.

@gonzo - I do not see any record of donation from you. Do you have a paypal receipt you can private message to me and I can look into this for you? I see nothing on our end.

Upvote 0
@Nogoingback - has your operating system updated recently? If so, it is possible adblockers were enabled during your update. Check your system settings. I've reviewed your permissions and you should have access at your donation level - Gold.

There have been no recent software upgrades. Since I reported this, I've logged in a bunch of times and it hasn't
reoccured, so I think it was a one time glitch.

Upvote 0
Going to close this ticket and chalk it up to a glitch.

Upvote 0
Back