Early dogwalk scores again!

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Time and random time again I’ve run across free stuff while doing my early morning dog constitutional. Everything from HD slider unit, assorted 80/20 contraption to metal odds and ends. Yesterday as we did our usual Fri morning dog beach run and at the bottom of the ramp in amongst the usual sea debris was something I recognized from my random rabbit hole research. A friend had bought a new Hobie peddle kayak and since I’d never heard of such a thing I looked it up. That was over a year or two ago and only because of that did I realize what this was. A before and after. Crazy what dogwalking can do for a junkyard dog. Now I just need a peddle kayak with no drive :)

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0640.jpeg
    IMG_0640.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 90
Did it get tangled up in a floating mass of line and get ripped off the kayak it was on? I wonder

Anything is possible but it would have to tear out the bottom of the kayak. I’m thinking they were either setting up the drive into or taking the drive out a kayak on one of the many boats out on the harbor and dropped it. I think all the line it entangled in is the tons of fishing detritus at the bottom of the bay where it was rolling around who knows how long. Probably pulled up by some fisherman then dumped next to the boat ramp as they were packing up the fishing boat. Quite a fantasy eh?

A Hobie mirage drive is not a cheap piece of gear. Someone was crying over the loss. Are you going to put it up for sale or buy a Hobie Mirage hull to go with it?

A Hobie mirage drive is not a cheap piece of gear. Someone was crying over the loss. Are you going to put it up for sale or buy a Hobie Mirage hull to go with it?
No, not cheap at all that’s why I was so amazed seeing it dumped in the junk. It doesn’t look like it’s old and abused amazingly Seems to work perfectly. I’m going to check with friends here and see if anybody needs it or see if someone‘s got something to trade. We are right next the Morro Bay estuary and there’s tons of places to go here but I need another hobby like another hole in my head.

Back