Easson Es-12

Jonathans

Professional Fish Killer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was planning to go for an Electrinica EL700 for my Millrite, but the Easson ES12 caught my attention. However DrPros doesn't carry it, and I can't find a operators manual anywhere online for it.
If anyone has one of these I would appreciate knowing whether it has on board help, has touch probe capability or not, and where I might find a pdf of the operators manual to view.
I once saw a post from so done who ordered one with four axis capability (knee and quill summed) and with magnetic scales, but I can't find a dealer. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps the difficulty in finding out what I need to know should steer me away from this DRO.

Did you contact dro pros and see if he can get info on it

Yes. They said it competes with their EL700 sales

I thought all of the Easson's he sales are comparable to one of his models. Oh well

I finally was able to get a copy of the manual. I learned that although the machine, as per the manual anyway, does not have an on board help function, touch probe capability, and flash memory for setup parameters. The manual states that the internal rechargeable battery only holds a charge for 30 days if the power is off, and that after that, setup parameters may need to be reset.

"A) Parameters Reset

Each ES-12 is configured as it leaves the factory, however, all parameters memory are backup by the internal rechargable battery which can only last for 30 days after switched off. Therefore, if the DRO have been powered off for more than 30 days, the ES-12 parameters might have to be reset or reconfigured. Followings are the reset procedure for the ES-12. "

Being that there are a lot of setup parameters, this could be a problem for a hobbiest. In thus day and age I wonder whether I understand this correctly. Kind of hard to believe.

I have an Easson on my lathe, I have never bothered with the manual, it is pretty simple to use and I would hate to be without it.

Back