Resolved Ebay, Craigslist & Etc Postings?

DAT510

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Are eBay, Craigslist and other similar posting blocked from showing up under "New Posts"? I noticed I haven't been seeing them lately and went to the sub forum and found a whole bunch of new posts that weren't showing up under the New Posts.

Thanks,

DAT510

I usually do to. But for example today there are 4 new CL's postings, including one by me..... Yet I don't see any of them showing up under "New Posts"

Yes, they have been excluded from the new posts search due to complaints from a number of members and some of us staff agreed.

You can still subscribe to those sections by clicking the Watch button & new posts will show up as an alert.

Well this is my Official Complaint that those are gone now....... Bring them back.....

The problem is/was that there were days when the whole first page of new post listings were nothing but CL's.

Well this is my Official Complaint that those are gone now....... Bring them back.....

It's easy, subscribe to the sections you want as described above & you'll get alerts for them.

The new posts search was starting to look like a classifieds search. This forum isn't & never was primarily a place for selling & buying. Those sections are offered just as an amenity.

Depending upon how your account is currently set, you may need to turn on one or two of the "and send me an email...". And by "subscribe", Will means to go into the Forum for CL and "watch" it. What will happen is actually two-fold. First you will get a notice that a thread has had at least one new post since the last time that you opened the specific Forum. If there are one or more replies to the thread after the one that triggered the email notice, you will not get another email until you have at least opened and closed the thread. And the Forum title will show up to you as darker print until you open it once. I think that latter happens whether you have the email notice turned on or not.

Last edited:
Yup, sorry everyone but we (The Staff) deliberated over this for several days and the current solution is to exclude them from the New Posts and What’s New.

The Craigslist sub forum is still very much active and chock full of listings from members who do the research and post them there for our convenience.

However, as others have already stressed, the sheer volume of New Posts in the CL sub forums can take over the New Posts listings.

Any other questions about this please PM me or a Staff Member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back