Enco 110-2033 chuck question

Nailzscott

Registered
Registered
I have bought this lathe from a school several years ago and it has a 3 jaw chuck mounted. I am looking for some advice on mounting a 4 jaw chuck that came with the lathe. I see the bolts on the back side of the 3 jaw, but the 4 jaw does not have the same mounting. Am I missing something? Is there supposed to be an adapter? I am probably looking to sell the lathe in the near future, but I want to find out about this 4 jaw chuck first.

Thanks for any insight you might be able to offer.EncoChuck3.jpegEncoChuck1.jpegEncoChuck2.jpeg

You need a back plate that matches your lathe spindle and is the same diameter as your new chuck. Think of it as an adapter. Figure out what the spindle diameter and thread pitch your spindle is then go hunting for a backplate. Shars sells decent ones for reasonable money

You need a back plate that matches your lathe spindle and is the same diameter as your new chuck. Think of it as an adapter. Figure out what the spindle diameter and thread pitch your spindle is then go hunting for a backplate. Shars sells decent ones for reasonable money
Thank you. I'll check it out.

Most 4 jaw chucks that I have seen have has drilled and countersunk holes through the front of the chuck, this one is unusual.

I am surprised your lathe is not a D1 style mount.

Back