Enco 111-3100 - brake and repair project.

Griff_Lane

Registered
Registered
The old lathe I bought seems to have the brake setup backwards, at least from any other lathe I've used because you have to step on the pedal the whole time and then let off for it to 'brake' (engage on the motor pulley).
Is this normal for this model lathe?

Secondly, it appears to have lost most of not.all oil in the headstock. There was significant oil under it in the area by the motor, and I don't see much of anything in the sight glasses. Are these close enough to the Jet 1340 that getting parts from one of those catalogs could work for this? Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20240204_185735810.jpg
    PXL_20240204_185735810.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 27
The old lathe I bought seems to have the brake setup backwards, at least from any other lathe I've used because you have to step on the pedal the whole time and then let off for it to 'brake' (engage on the motor pulley).
Is this normal for this model lathe?

Secondly, it appears to have lost most of not.all oil in the headstock. There was significant oil under it in the area by the motor, and I don't see much of anything in the sight glasses. Are these close enough to the Jet 1340 that getting parts from one of those catalogs could work for this? Thanks!
This lathe you have is nothing like the Jet. Yours is Taiwan made, The Jet is mainland China. Every lathe I have used that had a brake was the opposite of what you are describing.

So the brake can't be flipped under. It looks like it may actually supposed to have a band around the pulley that gets engaged when stepping on the bar. Something like the attached. Anyone have an idea where to find one of these? I may end up having to run it without our make one from sheet metal...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312-200209.png
    Screenshot_20240312-200209.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 6
Surely that's how it was originally- shouldn't be too hard to re-create a steel band

So the brake can't be flipped under. It looks like it may actually supposed to have a band around the pulley that gets engaged when stepping on the bar. Something like the attached. Anyone have an idea where to find one of these? I may end up having to run it without our make one from sheet metal...
Your lathe was made by "Lux Matter" As far as I know, They are still in business. Check with MSC, They sell and sold the same lathe under the "Turn Pro" Brand.

There is a company named "Supra Machine Tools" in So Cal that I bought parts for my Taiwan BP clone from. They carry Taiwanese parts mostly.

Back