Enco 9x20 Help with mods

angelfj1

Active User
Registered
Trying to upgrade to the new 4-bolt clamp. How do I seperate the plate from the micrometer pan? Looks like either roll pins or very small grub screws, but no acces from reverse side.

DSC07331-r2.jpg
diagram.JPG

Also, can you tell me what this is, sticking up abobe the surface of the plate?

DSC07334-r2.jpg

many thanks

Frank

DSC07331-r2.jpg DSC07334-r2.jpg diagram.JPG

If you have longer bolts , put them in and hammer them till it separates..

(anti spin pin)

The thing sticking up is the stop to locate the 4way post. There is usually a spring underneath and as you rotate the tool post counterclockwisewise you would hear the stop click into the detents cut into the bottom of the tool post.
Pierre

IIRC those are indeed roll pins and driven out...

Seems most folks just discard that gizmo sticking out ...

If you still are going to use the 4-way TP leave return the locating pin on reassembly. Now as for those 3 spring pins, just drive them out.

"Billy G"

Thank you all for the recommendations. I now have the 4-bolt hold down mod completed. Also, last night I modified the compound. I removed the original post bolt, drilled the base and threaded it (9/16-18) for the LMS QCTP. The improvement is significant, but there was still some movement. This is preventing a good finish. I tracked this down to loose gib screws in both the compound and cross slide. In my opinion the threaded holes for the compound gib screws is too small. I may drill these out for a larger screw/;ock nut.

Another issue I have found is a significant wobble in the spindle three-jaw chuck. Not sure if I am seeing a problem in the chuck or the spindle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

First thing I would do is pull of the chuck. You can check the spindle runout and also check that there is nothing in the way of the chuck seating properly.

First thing I would do is pull of the chuck. You can check the spindle runout and also check that there is nothing in the way of the chuck seating properly.

Thanks David. I'll give that a try.

Regards, Frank:))

Back