Enco 9x20 Lathe stand dimensions?

toag

Active User
Registered
Hi all,

Looking at a enco lathe for a cnc project, not that i need another project... but i digress.
The lathe is about 100 miles away and i want to take my tiny car instead of a gas guzzling truck.
Can anyone give me the dimensions of the stand preferably from a 1995 or so model? I plan to take everything mostly apart to move, but i thought the stand was one piece.

thanks all!

My personal choice for hauling stuff, 2002 Dodge minivan. 26 MPH on the highway, without the rear seats...

The minivan can swallow riding mowers and RF30 mills. Snowblowers and small engines, etc. Biggest issue is to getting the item into the van past the raised tall gate or similar.

I also have a trailer hitch on it and for $20 or $30 for the day I can run rough shod on a U-haul trailer for anything that's too tall to fit inside the van.

Adding U-haul's tiny 4 x 7 open trailer dinged my MPH down to 22 from 26, which is not bad. I know from experience that 'landscape' trailers with mesh ramps on the back kill MPH. At highway speeds that mesh stuff might as well be solid..

I agree, i have a little landscape trailer to mow a few lawns in the summer, i tow it with my tiny little hatchback. Ah, the looks i get.
I've brought it on the highway once, was like a boat anchor. which is why i am hoping the base will fit in my car. I have moved a fair amount of stuff in that little car, i call it my business truck.

Is one option for you to take the ramp - tailgate OFF the landscape trailer so it is not such a huge impact on MPG and not have to worry about fitting the stand INSIDE of the car?

a 9x20?? Those things are little! In fact, some of the earlier stands were TOO little, as in dwarf-size. I suspect you could get all of that into a Yugo.

The lathe comes off the mount with 2 bolts, one under the chuck, the other under the tailstock. You remove both from the top. I think it's a 3/4" wrench that fits them. that leaves the pan and the base attached, which would probably lay across the back seats (folded down). then set the lathe in the trunk or hatch.

But they are heavy. It's all 2 men can do to pick up the bare lathe - about 300 lbs without the stand.

I could take the tailgate off, but that sounds like a production that i'd rather not do... and i don't have a welder... yet.

I plan on removing the motor, tail stock, maybe carriage, maybe headstock and man handling the bugger into the car. I'll take pictures, cause we all know pics or it didnt happen :rofl:

thanks for the info guys!

Back