Fanuc OT can't load or edit existing programs

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
My lathe has decided to act up today. I try to load a program like I've always done and I get an alarm. OK, so edit an existing program to do what I need right.

No, I can edit a little bit of the programs and then it stops letting me. I can't add EOB, alter, insert. It's like the memory is confused. I've shut the machine off and turned it back on and same thing.

I've been at if for about 4 hours now and I'm at my wits end.

Any fanuc guys here that have any ideas?

I have a few books alloy on the fanucs and the parameter pages etc . Is yours conversational ?

No not conversational unfortunately.

I can download a program, but not upload.

I'll pull out what I have saved .

That was my first thought. No it's not full. I deleted some stuff just to see if it would make a difference.

I think I've found one problem.

I was trying to editi an existing program that was on the lathe because it was handy and needed minimal changes.

What I found was somehow the % was deleted from the start of the program and I could delete from the program, but couldn't add commands or alter them.
I added a % at the start then my O0019 program # and now I can edit it.

I haven't tried uploading a program after I made the change. The lathe was running great yesterday and the problems started after I switched to this program.

I'm guessing it somehow messed the memory up when I switched to it.

What a pain, Fanuc controls are so finicky. I wish it was as easy as my Fadal is.

Last edited:
Back