Feed Back on Drill Chucks

Thanks Mikey, that is what I am going to do. Where can you order the jaws for the Albrecht chuck?

Enco has them HERE.

Use code: LVHVS for free shipping until the end of this month. Orders over $49.

Gary

Last edited:
They also come up on ebay from time to time, though not when you need them it seems.

I bought my last set from MSC when they had a percentage off the whole store. It still came up to 50 bucks but it totally fixed my chuck. I'm sure Enco's prices will be lower, as they always are.

They also come up on ebay from time to time, though not when you need them it seems.

I bought my last set from MSC when they had a percentage off the whole store. It still came up to 50 bucks but it totally fixed my chuck. I'm sure Enco's prices will be lower, as they always are.

Well, I finally got the Albrecht disassembled, boy was that a deal. I pressed the shank out with 20 ton press, sounded like a 12ga. when it finally broke lose. Interesting find: The shank hardly has any RO and there are no burrs in the taper, but evidently someone had opened the chuck prior as there are only 22 ball bearings (nope didnt drop any). The jaws look to have some wear but very little. I guess I will order some bearings and the chuck and a R8 shank and hopefully that will solve my problem. Question, does all the 1/2 Albrecht chucks use the same jaws and bearings?
Thanks for your help guys.

Sandia,
The 1/2" chuck should be the C-130. The jaw part # is: 70712. The ball set is #70744.

Both should be available at MSC or other suppliers.

Good luck!

Sandia,
The 1/2" chuck should be the C-130. The jaw part # is: 70712. The ball set is #70744.

Both should be available at MSC or other suppliers.

Good luck!

Thanks again, just ordered the parts. Hope that fixes the problem.

Well, I got the Albrecht rebuilt with new bearings and jaws. Works like a new swiss watch!! But on the down side, by the time I rebuilt the chuck and put a new R8 shank on it, the ebay deal didn't turn out so good. Could have bought a new one for about the same money. Oh well, you roll the dice and you take your chances I guess.:thinking:

Well, I got the Albrecht rebuilt with new bearings and jaws. Works like a new swiss watch!! But on the down side, by the time I rebuilt the chuck and put a new R8 shank on it, the ebay deal didn't turn out so good. Could have bought a new one for about the same money. Oh well, you roll the dice and you take your chances I guess.:thinking:

But you did end up with a real nice chuck!

I just bought a new 1/2" one off of ebay for my mill. My 3/8" is getting a new morse arbor for my lathe.

Good news, Sandia. Now that the chuck is in your hands I'm sure it will last a lifetime and then some.

Back