Feed rate keeps breaking in recent versions

netmagi

Registered
Registered
Seems like with each new version the feed rate that displays when you view the details for an axis stops working, and then starts working again in the next version :)

For example, right now, it seems to be working in the most recent version on my mill (non +), but is NOT working in the most recent version of "+" on my lathe. When I open the axis details and move the scale, no rate is shown.

Adding a tach to my lathe spindle, and would really like to get the rate working again to double check my feeds and TPI when threading, now that I'll be able to read the spindle speed.

Is this is a known issue being worked on?

-Rich H.

Last edited:
Seems like with each new version the feed rate that displays when you view the details for an axis stops working, and then starts working again in the next version :)

For example, right now, it seems to be working in the most recent version on my mill (non +), but is NOT working in the most recent version of "+" on my lathe. When I open the axis details and move the scale, no rate is shown.

Adding a tach to my lathe spindle, and would really like to get the rate working again to double check my feeds and TPI when threading, now that I'll be able to read the spindle speed.

Is this is a known issue being worked on?

-Rich H.
Rich,
I can't reproduce this at all. Tried in "mill" and "lathe" mode, and with Plus and non-Plus version. I haven't touched that part of the code since 2017, so I suspect it's not the feed rate itself that is not working.
Can you give me more details how your DRO is set up and what you are doing? I.e. "I have no clue. Hopefully when you start talking I will have an idea" :)

Regards
Yuriy

Rich,
I can't reproduce this at all. Tried in "mill" and "lathe" mode, and with Plus and non-Plus version. I haven't touched that part of the code since 2017, so I suspect it's not the feed rate itself that is not working.
Can you give me more details how your DRO is set up and what you are doing? I.e. "I have no clue. Hopefully when you start talking I will have an idea" :)

Regards
Yuriy
Thanks for the response. I've been away on a trip, but just got home today. I'll make a vid and post here within the next day or two showing what it's doing and the setup.

Thanks for the response. I've been away on a trip, but just got home today. I'll make a vid and post here within the next day or two showing what it's doing and the setup.

Thank you. This will be super helpful

lol you must be the FPF guy.

Thank you for the video. Going forward, can you please find easier bugs? ;)
I spent 2 hours trying to mess this up, and can't. This is 100% a bug in the app, but I have no remotest clue how it's possible.
The feed rate is a dumb "ring buffer" that has last 5 second's worth of time/position pairs, and the app just uses a weighted average to calculate the velocity. I'll keep hammering on this, though. I bet it's pretty frustrating.

Thank you
Yuriy

Thank you for the video. Going forward, can you please find easier bugs? ;)
I spent 2 hours trying to mess this up, and can't. This is 100% a bug in the app, but I have no remotest clue how it's possible.
The feed rate is a dumb "ring buffer" that has last 5 second's worth of time/position pairs, and the app just uses a weighted average to calculate the velocity. I'll keep hammering on this, though. I bet it's pretty frustrating.

Thank you
Yuriy
lol, I'll see what I can do about finding easier ones next time :)

Any chance it's related to the bug around manually entering an RPM and the value getting stuck?

Back