Finally “complete” (mostly)- on to leveling

Don’t worry so much about right to left, concentrate on getting any twist out. If I understand you correctly.
He may have any twist situation covered. What I get from his posting is the bed seems to have a "bow shape", such that a level placed pointing along the length shows a tilt with bubble away from the headstock at one end, and an opposite tilt at the tail end, with a "high" region in the middle.

Can it be worn into that profile? Is it maybe stressed into that profile when the fixings are tightened down?

@Nooj Is this "bow shape" seen on both the ways? Does it seem as if the whole lathe bed is "high" in the middle?
Of course, thinking on it, if it happens on one way surface, and not the other, there would be twist as well.

Assuming that you have already leveled the bed front to back first, the bed is bowed (as you described) and high in the center. Confirm this by placing the Level on the front way and the rear way and check and record about every 6" from next to the headstock to flush with right end of the bed.

Then starting with near the headstock and the front way, shim under the left end of the level next to the headstock and right end next to the right end of the bed. Then move all of the shims to under the left end of the left leg and right end of right leg. Repeat the level measurements and add or subtract shims until the bed is level.

I should have written in the beginning that you should first anchor and level the stand or at least anchor and rough level it with a carpenter's level. And don't change the anchors and shims thereafter.

Here she is, mostly complete and in place

View attachment 422075
View attachment 422076
View attachment 422077
I’ve got to make a pin for one of the QCGB handles, and make one of the tailstock ram lockdown sleeves, and of course the correct switch and mount it.

As for now, I’m attempting to begin leveling.
It appears as though the bed is high in the center…. With the level on the head stock end- the bubble moves away from head stock. With the level on the tailstock end, the bubble moves away from the tailstock.
So… I’m confused. I’m going to read up on leveling procedures and have another go at it.

Thanks for looking!
Nooj
Absolutely Fabulous!

Back