Finally found a D1-5 Jacobs rubber flex chuck

keeena

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
What, you can't see it?

PXL_20210430_174802350.jpg

Cliffs: box looks like it blew open in transit. UPS clearly taped it back up w/o putting the chuck or collets back in the box. And yes - the quality of the packaging was...eh...lacking. :rolleyes: If you look close you can see evidence of the camlock lugs imprinted on the pillow.

The D1-5 in particular is a rare bird. While I don't *need* one I've been keeping an eye out for a year. Figure this crowd would understand. :grin: Life goes on!

Cliffs: box looks like it blew open in transit. UPS clearly taped it back up w/o putting the chuck or collets back in the box. And yes - the quality of the packaging was...eh...lacking. :rolleyes: If you look close you can see evidence of the camlock lugs imprinted on the pillow.

Yeah, that's called THEFT.

Was the package insured? I hope

From all the stuff I mailed out over the years and came up missing in action , someone sure has a nicely tooled up shop .

Where's the beef?
So UPS actually delivered an empty box that was supposed to weigh 30 or 40 lbs?
I hope that you used PayPal or a CC.

So UPS actually delivered an empty box that was supposed to weigh 30 or 40 lbs?

Pretty much!

It was an eBay purchase; had my $ back in a couple hours. Seller was good about it. No idea if they had insurance as part of the shipping fee, but I kinda doubt "30 pound chunk of metal shipped in a pillow" will qualify for a refund.

Bummer...........

I got a Jacobs ruberflex locally but will have to make the backplate for it. I figure that's a job that needs to wait until I have a little more skill.

John

I have a spare LO Jacobs in the basement along with my LOO and the back plates ARE interchangable . Think I still have 3 sets of collets also .

Back