Finally

What are we looking at ? :) I should re-phrase .........................what size lathe ? :big grin:

What are we looking at ? :)
The lathe is a Craftsman / Atlas 6" although it has backgears I believe it to be a very early version because of some of the parts on it namely the cross slide lead screw , it has a 3/8 - 20 double start thread .
What we are really looking at are those beautiful cast iron Atlas legs .
Thanks for asking , Mark .

Nice lathe Mark , and nice legs too ! I fell in love with a 6" Atlas up at a recent show . I should've just bought the darn thing it was so good looking .

I thought this was a damn good price for this little lathe . Was I wrong not to buy it ? Like I said before , it was too nice to actually use , but more of a mantle piece or conversation piece . :)
I think that is a good price . Wrong not to buy ? I don't know , what lathe do you have now ? The lathe pictured is a Timken bearing model , mine is the bushing bearing one . Mantle piece , I like the way you think .

Had a friend in high school that had a 6” Atlas.
i’ve lusted after on ever since. Great little lathes.
mmcmdl, I am glad I’ve never seen one in that shape for $450, i just do not need any more tools, but think I’d have made an exception for that one. Even if it was just to put on display.
And cross thread, those legs are indeed just dripping with sex.
cheers, Harvey

Back