FireControl Post (Langmuir Systems Crossfire CNC Plas)?

MERLIncMan

Registered
Registered
Gentlemen,

My crosscut plasma table is here, and if I am not mistaken it is set up (when I tell it to go in the PC, it goes). I have not yet sparked anything for a number of reasons.

The question is, regarding post-processing into Langmuir's dialect. They want me to RENT something from AutoCAD or buy from SheetCAM, and if I had not dropped $4K on a machine, I would not necessarily be opposed to that.

Ahem.... AutoCAD can burn in binary doom for all I care - they are 1/2 step from Standard Oil level BS.

SheetCAM is rather pricey for a primadonna software, though it may have some nice whistles.

I like FreeCAD's mission (even if it has some pretty serious issues), and I normally do all my 2.5D stuff in Inkscape with Carbide-cut post. Both FreeCAD and Inkscape will do the SVG/DXF that FireControl wants, but the dialect is weird and wants things like pierce and ramp, so I cannot really find any suitable open-source alternative to SheeCAM.

Thoughts?

Any DEVs looking for a weekend project maybe? A post for FreeCAD or Inkscape would be instantly super popular, due to how popular these machines are. Their closed-loop (control-freak/monopolistic) software is a real issue though...

Thank you for your time!

I know I tried getting FreeCad to produce export files that sendcutsend could process, and it was hit and miss, leaning more toward the miss side.
( I do use FreeCad to produce my working documents for manual machining)

I've been using SheetCam for a few years. Got it with a package deal from CandCNC. Was using it with MACH software. My controller died so switched to a free standing Masso controller. Their post processors files seam to have loaded into my old SheetCam. Still working out bugs in the new system.
Use a really old Cad software from the 80's AutoSketch. Strictly 2D.

Greg

Back