First Lathe--logan 200 With Many Attachments

Attached are some more pics of Globe parts in my box of stuff. Maybe you or someone can help me identify what their intended purpose is?? I know one piece marked "Globe" is an arbor/tail stock support. Also, what looks like a boring table/cross slide the dove tails groove seems to be 3/16" or so wider than what is on my Logan 200. My concern is that I am missing something essential that will prevent the unit from being functional.

Yes, you are right. I have one and should have threaded it on. Thank you for your concern.

Thanks all for helpView attachment 106114 View attachment 106115 View attachment 106116 View attachment 106117 View attachment 106118

Old, old thread, I know... back from the dead... but @dhidaka you have the same piece I have... minus the holes!

IMG_0009.JPG

Here, take a look: http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/my-logan-820-lathe-journey.100944/page-4#post-965792

IMG_6953.jpeg

I had intended to mention Globe as the manufacturer in my original post but forgot to do so. I did try to do some research on Globe but could not find anything. Glad you are so observant to notice that the unit was not manufactured by Logan, but I would think Logan would subcontract others for attachments, etc anyway. Thanks for the link as it verifies that I now have a lathe operated end mill. I need to see if I have an attachment that will hold down the parts needing to be milled. Hopefully, there is something in my box of stuff. I guess I will try and sort it all out and play with all this when I get a moment. If it works I will put up a "working" post later.
I am floored with jealously!!!! There is a Globe groups.io group migrated from Yahoo. Not much is known about the Globes, only sales brochures have turned up. One guess is they were designed and made for the Navy probably for fitting on submarines. They are hard to find and rather pricey when they are found. I've been looking for one Iin my price range and would fit a Logan for 6 years now. Drop me an email if you want to know more, the known documents are on the Groups board.

Ron

I am floored with jealously!!!! There is a Globe groups.io group migrated from Yahoo. Not much is known about the Globes, only sales brochures have turned up. One guess is they were designed and made for the Navy probably for fitting on submarines. They are hard to find and rather pricey when they are found. I've been looking for one Iin my price range and would fit a Logan for 6 years now. Drop me an email if you want to know more, the known documents are on the Groups board.

Ron
Oh too funny, I didn't see how old the original thread is. I made the same comment back in 2015! Darn that's almost 7 years I've been looking for one.

Back