Fitting Lathe Chucks

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I found a very informative pdf about fitting lathe chucks. I know down the road I'll be getting a independent 4-jaw for my threaded Heavy 10. I will admit I have some apprehension that when that times arrives I'll screw up the backplate. Well, after reading this pdf maybe I won't screw it up that bad. :p Anyway, maybe this will help fellow newbies out. The pdf is attached. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Fitting_lathe-chucks.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 82
I found a very informative pdf about fitting lathe chucks. I know down the road I'll be getting a independent 4-jaw for my threaded Heavy 10. I will admit I have some apprehension that when that times arrives I'll screw up the backplate. Well, after reading this pdf maybe I won't screw it up that bad. :p Anyway, maybe this will help fellow newbies out. The pdf is attached. Enjoy! :)

heh, I think I linked to the same PDF this past week on another thread.

the good thing about the 4 jaw independent is that even if you screw up the plate (well... not too badly that is) you can still dial everything in since the jaws are independent, so it won't be too bad ;)

heh, I think I linked to the same PDF this past week on another thread.

I guess I missed that. Not meaning to step on any toes, sorry Sharon.

the good thing about the 4 jaw independent is that even if you screw up the plate (well... not too badly that is) you can still dial everything in since the jaws are independent, so it won't be too bad ;)

Lucky for me backplates aren't that $$. :p It'll be a while yet till I get a 4-jaw. Still refurbing my Heavy 10...about 1/2way done. For the first few projects I'd like to do the 3-jaw Bison I got with the lathe should be fine.

Last edited:
.....even if you screw up the plate (well... not too badly that is) you can still dial everything in since the jaws are independent.....

Hmmmmm. A few offset pounds revolving at speed should introduce some intersting harmonics :nono:

Cheers Phil

LOL

Splat
Just a tid bit of information for ya.
The one you called bro, is a female machinist,
named Sharon

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

LOL
Splat
Just a tid bit of information for ya.
The one you called bro, is a female machinist,
named Sharon
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:yikes: Woops!! Sorry, Sharon/Purplev! Where'd the darn embarrassed smiley go to? Again, sorry Sharon. My mistake.

:yikes: Woops!! Sorry, Sharon/Purplev! Where'd the darn embarrassed smiley go to? Again, sorry Sharon. My mistake.

heh
first and foremost - no worries about stepping on toes - I merely mentioned this cause I found that PDF useful myself - link to things as much as you'd like.

As for myself - I'm not a female-machinist ( <--- see avatar) - sorry to disappoint ;) I'm originally from Israel where 'Sharon' is a unisex name. 'Sharona' on the other hand - not so much

cheers

heh
first and foremost - no worries about stepping on toes - I merely mentioned this cause I found that PDF useful myself - link to things as much as you'd like.

As for myself - I'm not a female-machinist ( <--- see avatar) - sorry to disappoint ;) I'm originally from Israel where 'Sharon' is a unisex name. 'Sharona' on the other hand - not so much

cheers

You know, I didn't remember ever reading or seeing anything to make me think otherwise. I mean, your avatar is of a dude so... That's why 8ntsane/Paul really threw me with his post. I even checked out your site, which I saved for future reference, and didn't see anything that would lead me to think you were a woman... (Jerry Seinfeld voice on) not that there'd be anything wrong with that (Seinfeld voice off). :D I'm shutting up before I get myself into any more trouble! :whiteflag:

Back