Fixing Angle Plate To Mill Table

MaverickNH

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a HiTorque Mini Mill 3960 from LMS, and a accessory kit that came with a 7/16" T-Slot Clamp Kit and a 2.5"x3" Angle Plate, among other items. Unfortunately, the 7/16" Clamp Kit has 3/8" threaded rods and the Angle Plate will accept up to 5/16" threaded rods. So I'm not too sure how to bolt that Angle Plate down to the table. Are there 7/16" T-Nuts that accept 5/16" threaded rods and nuts?

Thanks for the help!

You can make your own Tee nuts. It would be a good project for your mill. My mill/drill had slots for 5/8" Tee nuts but the clamp set had 9/16" nuts so I made a half dozen.

When I got my Chinese vise from Grizzly the casting had leaked at the mounting slots so there was none. I had to mount a bar to the table which I flipped the vise upside down & mounted to. So I could mill the slots to mount the vise to the table.

If you do make tee-nuts, after threading be sure to damage the threads at the bottom end so that your stud does not try to dig into the table at the bottom of the slots. A good whack with a straight chisel and hammer should deform them enough.
-brino

Yes, they do sell tee nuts or the complete kit that will fit in a 7/16 tee slot with 5/16-18 threads. I own a set dad bought years ago. And they are still available. Check out Little Machine Shop's web site or any tool seller out there like Travlers or MSC, to name a few.
Ken

Back