Resolved Flags & countries

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
I was wondering if it is possible for the administrators to maybe put the flags of our respective countries up at the avatars so we can see from where over the world the members have joined H-M. I think it was like that when I joined earlier this year,but was taken down for some reason when the format was changed to xenforo 2.0. Is it in any way possible to put it up again or can you do it yourself if not,then it is fine,I was just wondering. Thank you all the admin people for all the hard work making this forum possible. We appreciate it.

Michael.

Michael,

While we don't seem to have the flags, I can see that you are from Cape Town South Africa, so that helps me a lot.

David

Many of the features we saw before the last major upgrade were third party add-on applications, and there were many different authors coding for the forum aftermarket. Not all are compatible with our current software, nor are updates available, at least yet. As they do become available I'm sure many will return. I can't promise anything specific as it is dependent on people outside this group.

Many of the features we saw before the last major upgrade were third party add-on applications, and there were many different authors coding for the forum aftermarket. Not all are compatible with our current software, nor are updates available, at least yet. As they do become available I'm sure many will return. I can't promise anything specific as it is dependent on people outside this group.

Thanks for explaining Tony.

I was wondering if it is possible for the administrators to maybe put the flags of our respective countries up at the avatars so we can see from where over the world the members have joined H-M. I think it was like that when I joined earlier this year,but was taken down for some reason when the format was changed to xenforo 2.0. Is it in any way possible to put it up again or can you do it yourself if not,then it is fine,I was just wondering. Thank you all the admin people for all the hard work making this forum possible. We appreciate it.

Michael.

The addon to do that has not yet been updated for XF2.
Parenthetically, it also costs money to purchase these addons, which is why your support is appreciated.

It isn't showing your country. I have contacted the coder for support.

Here is the response I received:

"South Africa shows fine. A user here is from South Africa and I can see his flag without a problem.

"Reserved" means that either the IP address being used by the user is faked to a reserved IP address (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserved_IP_addresses) or your server is returning a reserved address for "$_SERVER['HTTP_CLIENT_IP']", "$_SERVER['HTTP_FORWARDED_FOR']", "$_SERVER['HTTP_FORWARDED']" or "$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']". You would need to refer to your server documentation to fix that.

IP addresses that are reserved in the 10., 172.16 to 31 and 192.168. ranges would show up with an "i" like mine does here. Those are local network addresses. All others show up with a "r"."

Your country flag is showing now.

Back