Foot print for a pm727v

Cad cam man

Registered
Registered
Hey guys I am waiting on my new pm727v to come from pm it is currently on a rail car waiting to be unloaded and then shipped to the house . So in the mean time I have of course already planned to put the machine in its own little spot in the shop but I would like to start getting all my other stuff going like the cnc conversion all the electrical stuff and my work bench. So my question is what kind of foot print should I leave between the machine and say a work bench? I seen on pm's website the foot print they give but thats on paper ...ofcourse everything looks good on paper.... what it the real "shop foot print " ?

This is a screenshot of what precision matthews has in the manual for a footprint

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308-090953_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210308-090953_Drive.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 87
Waiting on mine too, glad to hear they finally left NY harbor! Are you saying they made it to PM?

This is the email I got friday 3/4/21

The container with your machine was put onto the rail last night and is making its way here finally. We expect to be able to offload it the middle of next week, and hopefully get your machine out to you by the following Monday. We do not yet know which carrier we will use, but you will be sent that information at the time of shipping.

Once you have that information, you will be able to get in touch with the carrier and arrange delivery.

PM Site has updated to being "In Stock" , now to find out about the chuck that was in stock when I ordered and now shows out of stock..
I want my mill!
Guess I never said what I had planned for a footprint, 6' wide and 3' deep is what I have set up, left side will be open to the shop right side has a wall cabinet that will have led lighting.

Thanks for the footprint details it helps to know what others are doing for space. They told me when it gets shipped to me on a carrier ( fedex,ups, ) they would let me know . I asked for the time and date so I can take off work to be home to unload it . I read where 1 guy went out to check his mail and his machine was sitting at the end of his driveway. He didn't sign for nothing they just left it .

Waiting on mine too, glad to hear they finally left NY harbor! Are you saying they made it to PM?
Have you heard anything?? I got the email with my order confirmation but still no tracking number

Spoke with them this morning, doing inspections and testing, said all of the shipment was sold, working from the oldest backorder dates forward. Earliest was in Nov, mine was in Dec, should have mine shipping out next week. Waiting on the email same as you I presume.
Do you plan to install a DRO?

Back