For trade/help Cincinnati #2 Tool & Cutter Grinder & More

Jason5555

Registered
Registered
Well it seems that I have yet to exit my young and dumb phase....... my excitement over winning several online auction items within Western New York soon turned into feelings of defeat today. I am posting this to see if anyone locally is interested in a few of the items I won. I'm open to any trades or offers as I would certainly prefer someone from here take it who will appreciate it instead of the many scrapers who are on site.

As stated one of the items which i originally thought was my supreme score is a Cincinnati no.2 tool and cutter grinder. I foolishly caught the auction towards its end and won it without doing my due diligence. After winning, I learned it's over 2000lbs and will take a significant amount of work to even get it into my work area. That's on top of all my limited space it would eat if I was even successful. It was listed as 440v 3 phase but its my understanding that many can be switched to 220 and run with a vfd and bring it to single phase. The base measures roughly 30"x36" but.... with all the handles and such, I've come to accept it would take far to much work to get it into my basement. It was a pain getting my Clausing 4914 in there.
I took home a few good smaller scores today and I'm determined on going back tomorrow to remove the boyer-shultz surface grinder, God willing. My biggest mistake aside from underestimating everything was asking my wife if she wanted to come along, and had enough after 2 hours of sitting in the jeep :/

I also won and still determining the reality of bringing home with me, a large(and heavy) 10" pedistal grinder, a (thick and you guessed it, heavy) 24"x36" challenge machine/precision table. This was my first time bidding on, and picking up items at an industrial auction. It was truly heartbreaking to see the millions of dollars worth of tools and machines being torn apart for scrap. The place apparently relocated two years ago and simply left everything there. It's my hope that the items i won go to where they will be appreciated.

As stated, I'm going back tomorrow In the am if someone wanted to meet me there. I'm pretty sure you'd have to enter with me "as my help" and the items have to be removed from the site within a week. I won't have off from work again until Thursday.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea as to how much riggers would cost to move a 2000lbs machine and drive it a half hour? There were people with fork lifts on site and even the auctioneer had a forklift but my jeep unfortunately can not take such weight.

Regarding trades, I'm interested in anything machining related as I'm just starting out for the most part. I do have a large and a mini mill and God willing, a surface grinder (without a magnetic chuck). So anything to further tool up such would be great.

Screenshot_20180928-172013.png

Screenshot_20180928-171934.png

Screenshot_20180928-171757.png

Back