Freestanding Shop Loft and Homemade Elevator?

A Powermatic 66 is an old-fashioned saw that will accept a splitter but not a riving knife. The guy I bought my saw from had a 5-HP motor in it, which is a little ridiculous. There are similar saws that have motors small enough for 120V power.

Sawstop is a company that makes fancy saws that stop just about instantly if they sense contact with human flesh.
Thanks; I have an archaic Craftsman table saw from the '50s with no splitter or riving knife. I use wedges as I go. I use a radial saw much of the time, it has no guards but the blade guard. The table saw is more for rip cutting.

"Saw Stop" is a four letter word in my house. I have a kitchen knife to cut hot dogs. It is for people that use their hands too close to the blade. If the hand is placed too close to the blade, one literaly deserves what can happen.

Back when I had two eyes, if I could see the blade and a hand in the same view, my hand was too close. Now that only one works I am a little more conservative. I usually use the right eye, the left requires a consious effort to keep open. But for detail work that takes a bench glass, the left is a little sharper.

Back