Fusion Flicker - Quick Fusion 360 Project using Revolve and Offset Plane to cut Flutes

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
Quick Fusion 360 design using Revolve to create the contoured cylinder and then an offset plane to make the flutes. Will be making these on a manual lathe and mill but wanted to see the design before starting. These will be small custom drivers for a stud that does not have a screw head. Design would also be great for any type of driver handle, or maybe even a chisel handle. Took me less than 20 minutes total time to make this in Fusion with a few interruptions, should be closer to a 15 minute project in real time if you are looking for some Fusion practice.

Interesting seeing a different method for creating the shape, I didn’t realize you could add the points like you did. I usually make a rough sketch of one half and then dimension to get my final shape, and then resolve. I’m lazy, I also use the Titans method of doing one flute and creating the pattern. I’m looking forward to seeing how you make this on the lathe.

Interesting seeing a different method for creating the shape, I didn’t realize you could add the points like you did. I usually make a rough sketch of one half and then dimension to get my final shape, and then resolve. I’m lazy, I also use the Titans method of doing one flute and creating the pattern. I’m looking forward to seeing how you make this on the lathe.
Yes, everyone seems to have their own style of operating in Fusion. Powerful program and seems so many different ways to do the same thing. I am self taught and learning so I know my ways are not always the most efficient or conventional but this one went quickly. Made them yesterday and I think they turned out great. Will get that video up next weekend.

I put the single and double grooves on the barrel since they have a different purpose and I wanted to tell them apart.

Attachments

• B0B8D71D-B484-4950-9219-48E26F759862.jpeg
    B0B8D71D-B484-4950-9219-48E26F759862.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
I had drafting classes back in high school many years ago and had to use construction lines, so that has been my method ever since for most things. I had CAD in college, but don’t remember how we did things for that class, it was an archaic server based CAD program hardly anyone in industry used. I’m always interested in improving, so thanks for posting.

I’m looking forward to the machining video next week.

Back