G4003 change gear specs.

You are to kind. I still haven't repaid your help years back with a fistful of 3phase mill motor and converter wires. The resulting teco vfd and mill are still humming along nicely. For that kindness I owe you for sure.

I have been pretty deep down the rabbit hole here. I went to good old you tube for help measuring pressure angles. I found nothing useful in the home shop in English. Hindi, yes. English, no. Makes a guy a bit more worried about how far my country has come and what direction we're headed. I eventually found something usable via google. Not a direct method mind you, but thankfully there are only two main suspects for pressure angles. That means probably only running the math twice if the first guess was wrong. What I found was formulae that involved dp. So the first step, divide 25.4mm by module 1.5. I get a DP of 16.933333. Now I take the cosign of my first guess of 20degree pressure angle(.9396926) and multiply by Pi, giving me 2.9521314. I divide this by the DP of 16.933333 and get .1743385. I add this to the number measured in inches(.4675) over 3 gear teeth ( as in squeeze them with my calipers). This gives me .6418385 for an answer that should represent the measurement over 4 teeth. The measurement I took was .6405" over 4 teeth. That's incredibly close to right. Should that have come out way off I would have done the same math but with the cosign for 14.5degrees. I would say this exercise left me feeling pretty confident of both module and pressure angle. Also a little sore in the noggin. So off to bang good for tools I can justify spending $ on. Hopefully someone else can use the math. I know I'm not the only one to want these answers before spending money.

You are to kind. I still haven't repaid your help years back with a fistful of 3phase mill motor and converter wires. The resulting teco vfd and mill are still humming along nicely. For that kindness I owe you for sure.
Hi LEEQ,
repayment is not necessary at all.
i'm just happy to have been of service.

it would only take a few hours to print the 60T gear i showed earlier (or any other gear you may desire :grin:)
my intention is not to try to rob you of the joy of construction of the 60T gear.
merely, i was offering another option if you needed something inexpensive and quick.
the offer stands regardless! :)

i look forward to seeing the results of your gear making

For the fancy 60tooth to be of use it would have to have a 45 tooth simple gear for a friend. I can wait though. Either way I'll wind up trying my hand with the involute cutters. I bet a lot of guys like me would love the option to print them up though. It would take a bit of sting out when ya realize how much the missing gears cost. Higher than a cat's back for sure.

I too printed out the 60 tooth but need a 45 to test with 1.5 mm output. Did anyone post a 45 tooth version? I am having some issues with trying to use a parametric generator but the mod is limited to 1 or 2, (no 1.5 option).
Thanks in advance.
New to group

I too printed out the 60 tooth but need a 45 to test with 1.5 mm output. Did anyone post a 45 tooth version? I am having some issues with trying to use a parametric generator but the mod is limited to 1 or 2, (no 1.5 option).
Thanks in advance.
New to group

Hi @JMC_KY,

If I understand this correctly you need the stl file to 3d print a gear, right?

If you can post back with all the specifications I can generate it in Fusion-360 and post it back here.

Here's what the gear-generator pop-up looked like a few years ago......
1605533972062.png
from this thread:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/gears-for-my-oldtimer-lathe.82245/post-718697

I'd need all the specs shown in that picture.

Brian

Back