G4003g - remove top of headstock housing?

I should probably report that I had no problem removing and replacing the cover of the headstock. There was a tiny amount of metal filings in the corner near the drain which I removed with a paper towel. I will take it off again to drain the oil after breaking using a siphon/pump, both to see what resulted from break-in and also to avoid making a mess. Can anyone confirm that the plug is 3/8 NPT (part #1116 in manual, purchased 10/2018). I would like to replace the drain plug with a valve. Any suggestions?

The parts catalog for the G4003g does say that it is 3/8" NPT but I would meaure your drain plug just to be sure. Irrelevent but I have a PM1236 & it does not use pipe threads for any of the drain plugs. I personally don't like using valves in place of drain plugs but that's just my preference. My foot brake arm is in the way & wouldn't allow it anyway.

A ball valve would work but Fumoto does make their valves in 3/8" NPT. Nicer than a standard ball valve IMO, compact with built in nipple.

Back