Gantry Crane 69513

Did you make your purchase? I just bought this a few weeks ago in a pinch. I had a big hole in the garage floor ready to put in the storm shelter I built and to my surprise despite my calculations the small excavator I rented would not lift the thing. With any lifting equipment good common sense goes a long way. I was very careful moving it while the base was lifted, first because it isn't designed to move while loaded and second the load rating goes out the window as soon as you have any movement other than vertical as it is now a dynamic load. If i wasn't in immediate need I would have built one or at least bought one with a little more steel on it. there simple wasn't even enough time to buy some wood for a temporary a frame to just get it done. All in all I am glad to have it now, and for that price with the coupon it is not a bad deal at all.

George

Did you make your purchase? I just bought this a few weeks ago in a pinch. I had a big hole in the garage floor ready to put in the storm shelter I built and to my surprise despite my calculations the small excavator I rented would not lift the thing. With any lifting equipment good common sense goes a long way. I was very careful moving it while the base was lifted, first because it isn't designed to move while loaded and second the load rating goes out the window as soon as you have any movement other than vertical as it is now a dynamic load. If i wasn't in immediate need I would have built one or at least bought one with a little more steel on it. there simple wasn't even enough time to buy some wood for a temporary a frame to just get it done. All in all I am glad to have it now, and for that price with the coupon it is not a bad deal at all.

George
No, I haven't bought it yet. I probably will, this week, since there was a good coupon in one of the mailers. I'm going to get the 1-ton version, mainly because it's got a smaller footprint, and I don't really need 2 tons capacity, or even the added capacity with the arm extended. The heaviest thing I'm likely to lift is a small mill, less than 1000 pounds. I may not get it assembled for a few weeks (but you can be sure I'll check the boxes to see that all the parts are there!) but when I do, I'll report back on it.

Back