General overview of motors

Bi11Hudson

Artificer00
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This is not the most appropriate place to expound on motor theories. But most laymen consider motors to be electronic rather than electrical. I have many times posted replies to questions about motors. Some simple, some more complex. I have found a video that answers a number of basic questions about the many types of motors available to artificers (contraptonists) such as ourselves.

Not everything is covered, motors are a subject in and of themselves. But as a basic overview, it can give not only ideas but basic direction to the question quite often posed by implication, that of what is the best or most suitable motor for a given application. The theories do not go very deep but can give guidence to the general type of motor best suited to a given situation where someone can pursue which branch of a very complex subject to follow up on.

The poster is a man of design and service to smaller mechanical devices, filming in his own shop. He comes highly recommended by someone who does not have the skills to articulate on the subject. (Me) He has many videos on many subjects of interest to the hobby fields. The subject of motors happens to be important to me from a related hobby that I lack the skill to present to the layman. Enjoy, and remember. . .

Back