Georgii Kobold Motor Parts

Scra99tch

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Guess the company is still in business. But I am looking for a lack of a better term contactor for a motor that had two position speed control. This came off a 1968 fortuna Grinder.

image1 - Copy (2).jpegimage2 - Copy (2).jpegimage3 - Copy (2).jpeg

Okay found a part number for something a little more modern.

Siemens 3SE5 250-0KC05

The current ratings though are not the same the one I am looking at is 400V 6A, not the 500V 10A on this one. Is it just built better today then in 1968 that its resistance is not as high?

Am I safe to say that would work, its powered a 1/2 HP motor switching the speeds from what I gather.

If it is the same physical size and function it may be your only choice, even though it probably won't last as long as the original
I assume it mounts inside the motor? Otherwise could you put an external contactor or relay? You would have many more choices as far as ratings
-Mark

Will you be running this off a VFD? I doubt you have 380v / 50hz three phase in New Hampshire. I would figure out how to power it before putting anything into repair. If it's a standard frame motor you may be better off replacing it.

John

All four motors can be rewired to 220v 3 PH.

I believe it was originally 220V

This is something I will have to read up on as far as sizing heaters and rewiring the motors.

Will you be running this off a VFD? I doubt you have 380v / 50hz three phase in New Hampshire. I would figure out how to power it before putting anything into repair. If it's a standard frame motor you may be better off replacing it.

John

Wont run off VFD just a rotary phase converter.

Back