Glass scales on iGaging adaptor: erratic readout only while moving

Schtimpy

Registered
Registered
I have been attempting to connect glass scales (5V) to an iGaging adaptor using a logic level shifter connected as shown on the TouchDRO website: https://www.touchdro.com/resources/adapters/32-bit/using-quadrature-encoders.html.
The issue I am seeing is that the axis values changes erratically, but only while the scale is moving. As soon as the scale stops, the axis display returns to zero or 0.05mm (1 count of the encoder).
I have tried all axes, and get the same result. I have tried different glass scales and get the same result. I have checked & rechecked the wiring/pinouts but so for no luck in resolving the issue.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Which version of the adapter do you have?

Hi Yuriy
It is a preassembled board for iGaging scales (approx 2-3 years old)
IMG_0756.JPG

Dear Yuriy, Thanks for the fast response. I had not picked up on the subtle difference: I was focussed on making sure I had all the right pin outs and had not twigged that the board in the photos was different.
By the way, I am loving TouchDRO Plus. I just upgraded a Shahe adaptor to glass scales & rotary encoder and I am loving this whole package. Hence the desire to upgrade the other 2x igaging adaptors that I have, but it seems that they will have to remain with capacitive scales.
Keep up the good work!

Back