had it three weeks

baldric

Registered
Registered
And I'm terrified, Don't get me wrong! I have run it four times, lubricated it to death,
now looking for a piece of soft aluminium , that won't grab and frieghten the **** out of me ! ok! I have not recieved my collets yet, but i have a few cutters i could put in the chuck
tomorror , I will get involved! :-\definatly! #@clap2@& there I have made my mind up! I have a piece of wood,and I'm determined to thrash the **** out of it ! I can do this guys ! ::typing:: (I'm the man ) **** i wish i had.nt had that drink! regards Bob

As another newby who only got his mill a couple of months ago, I say go for it! ::thumbzup::

The only advice I can offer is start off taking small, light cuts and get a feel for your machine. :)

Just ensure you set it up correctly first!
Make sure your cutting tool is set at the correct height. I use a tailstock live center for this.
Disengage and power feeds for the first few cuts. Do it manually to get a feel for it and then play with the power feeds.

Not too sure what type of lathe you have!
That would make it a bit easier to give you some advice.

Just be careful and think about what you are doing.
Make sure you will have no distractions for a while!

Andrew

Just remember where the power switch is for sure, just in case. Nice and slow to start with then have a couple of beers if you did it without getting hurt. It might be wise to run it without anything in the chuck for now, just to get used to it.
Paul

Back