Hardinge 59 lathe

That's a good looking machine. The split bed leads me to believe it is an ESM model. I can't find any info hardly for these on the interwebs and I'm going to look at one this weekend. Do they use 5C collets like the DSM's?

Great thanks!

He has it advertized as a "DSM-59R Split Bed Second Operation" lathe but from my research, the DSM's did not come with a split bed. Either he read the label wrong, or I'm wrong.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Nice.

The one I'm going to look at is a turret version.

Wow, $50 for a Hardinge! Yours may be a "E" SM

I'm looking for a collet closer for a Hardinge if anyone runs across one.

OK I went to Pick up a #3 B&S Horz. Mill I bought on eBay. After it was loaded I asked if there was anything else he was selling. Thinking I would see what I'm bidding on. He took me to the Hardinge and said make an offer as he didn't want to bother with eBay. I looked in my wallet and all I found was a $50 bill so I said to his all I have is $50 cash. He went in the office came out, took my $50, disconnected the machine and loaded on my truck! Has about 10 collets, Hardinge tool post, Releasing die head for button die and more tools in the turret. Did have a second turret but some how I lost it on the way back.

Frank

That's awesome! Doubt I'll get a similar deal, but he said he'd consider all offers.

Hey Gang,
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a Hardinge lathe like the one in the picture?
I picked one up the other day with a turret but no way to clamp the turret to the bed.
Thanks,
Paul

Hey Gang,
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a Hardinge lathe like the one in the picture?
I picked one up the other day with a turret but no way to clamp the turret to the bed.
Thanks,
Paul

If you are still looking for mounting info, I can send pictures.

If you have extra parts, I need some!

Back