Hawaii Wildfire

I feel bad for the families of lost ones.. And those that have lost everything.

Hope they get some rains to help. They are in a drought for a couple of years.

I think Aukai is on Kauai, so would be unaffected...

Correct, @Aukai ?

-Bear

I have a friend on Maui. She's fine but now unemployed.
Her condo backs up to a desert field and if the winds had shifter toward the South a little she might have been in trouble.
She can't contact her friends on the island because services are down. She's barely able to get online from time to time for updates.
I have great memories of Lahaina. I was there on my 42nd birthday at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.
The second picture below is of the sunset from the BGSC on my birthday.

My second favorite picture that I've ever taken is of the banyan tree is amazing lighting. The picture below is the right lighting but not the actual best picture.
It's sad to know that the town has been decimated but the hope is that the banyan survived.

P8050064.JPG

P8040057.JPG

We vacation in Maui every year and spend most nights at Lahaina Grill. For years I've remarked to my wife that if a lantern gets kicked over , it will be like Chicago in 1906 given the construction and infrastructure. Now I feel guilty for even thinking it.

The permitting process in Maui is very slow so I hope the red tape can get cut through and the rebuilding begin soon enough to save some of the businesses. We have talked to people there and there are still so many unaccounted for. So many people working their butts off to live in paradise.

Dave

We vacation in Maui every year and spend most nights at Lahaina Grill. For years I've remarked to my wife that if a lantern gets kicked over , it will be like Chicago in 1906 given the construction and infrastructure. Now I feel guilty for even thinking it.

The permitting process in Maui is very slow so I hope the red tape can get cut through and the rebuilding begin soon enough to save some of the businesses. We have talked to people there and there are still so many unaccounted for. So many people working their butts off to live in paradise.

Dave
Main cause.....

Back