Help identify a tool

They came out of a diemakers tool room. The dies being for 75-600 ton straight side presses.

The thread ends in typical “all thread “ fashion. I’ll look at it more closely when I get back to work, in order to be more specific with my description of that.

The ends are simply a cut off end of all thread. In fact, on closer inspection, it looks like the threaded portion isn’t original to the tool. The threaded portion is sunk into a bored cap that’s been cross drilled. While the shoulder bolt holds the whole thing together, and provides a way to turn the screw. Sorry everyone, but it looks like these are modified for someone’s purpose, and that guy is long gone. Thanks for your efforts though.

So I guess it’s a die set puller. Is that what you’d call a tool that does what you describe? I sure don’t know.

So I guess it’s a die set puller. Is that what you’d call a tool that does what you describe? I sure don’t know.

Yup, I've never use one or even seen one before, but I wish I knew those existed when I was doing a lot of die work. Wish I would have thought about doing it that way. I don't know how many times I could have used a tool like that.

Back